I am Kirstin, and this is my photo blog. I love to take pictures and share them with everyone around me. Sharing the beauty of the earth is one way I can share the love of Christ with others. I hope you enjoy your visit!

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Philly Part 2 {Personal}

Sorry this took forever. :) 
We went out for breakfast in a cute little family restaurant area in a shopping market every morning. I decided to order their ham, which they warned was extremely salty, and not for the weak-of-heart. Never has anyone made a truer statement. Wow. That was the most intensely salty thing I have ever eaten. Every bite had about 2 week's worth of salt in it, and I am so glad I ordered chocolate milk to go along. haha
Photobucket
Parallel parking is insane there. Just thought I'd show a little glimpse of it. This is what it looks like on both ends of each car. haha
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
Can you imagine this street 200 years ago? :)

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
We walked a million blocks down to the harbor from our hotel and my mom and bro got to tour the insides of a submarine and a really old ship. They said it was incredible. =D
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
Even though there were many, uh, lets just say 'interesting' couples there, I saw a few cute ones. :) 
Photobucket

Sorry, just a random pic. You have no idea how cool it was to feel like Padme for a day. =D 
Photobucket

Photobucket
We went to see the Betsy Ross house. :)
Photobucket


Photobucket
And stop by an adorable pink pastry shop. That fudge brownie was amazing. Oh yes. :D
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
Kylie, this is for you!! <3 <3
Photobucket




The reason we were in Philly was because my dad was attending a medical conference. One night, we were invited to attend a high-star dinner at the National Constitution Center. It was an amazing building packed with history showed in ways that were so neat and interesting that you wanted to go on and on. History cannot get better than that. Anyways, it was a fantastic dinner. I have never been offered caviar, roasted bone marrow, sushi, and chicken with their legs sticking up in little curls before. We had a live harpist entertain us, and were served by really kind people, including several cute boys. ;)
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
I am so sorry, my camera didn't do a good job at capturing anything that night. haha
Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket
The next day, we went to see Benjamin Franklin's house 'remains', his printing shop, the Independence Hall, and the Liberty Bell. 
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket




Photobucket
It was a really fun trip. I loved it. I hope we can go on trips more often this year. :)  Have a great weekend! 

2 comments:

Sara March 12, 2011 at 9:35 AM  

I love Philly! You captured it wonderfully. :) Sounds like a super fun time!

~E. Kelley March 20, 2011 at 4:15 PM  

Wow, those pictures bring back memories. Please please tell me you went to Elfreth's Alley and/or Christ's Church?

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP