I am Kirstin, and this is my photo blog. I love to take pictures and share them with everyone around me. Sharing the beauty of the earth is one way I can share the love of Christ with others. I hope you enjoy your visit!

Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010

I didn't think I was going to do this post. But after thinking about it, I felt I really should sum up the year of 2010. It wasn't filled with as much photography as I would have liked, but I did get pictures I enjoyed taking and looking at, and had many, many adventures to go back over. =) 
In February 2010 we had a HUGE snowfall, if you guys remember. Several feet. That was too fun. =) 



Photobucket
My brother turned 18. =D =D
Photobucket
I turned 17, and went from long hair...
Photobucket
to short. I do enjoy short hair now. It is very free to do what it wants without looking scrappy. =)
Photobucket
My room had a lovely makeover, and it is so relaxing a place to be.
Photobucket


Photobucket
My brother and I purchased vintage items we enjoy.
Photobucket
I found an interest I had forgotten for a while, in reading good, classic books. I've read most of Jane Austen's books already, and have a long list of others ahead of me. If you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them. =)
Photobucket
One adventure that took up a good fraction of my year was the trip to England. I babysat the children in this family, and accompanied them on their move to England. 6 weeks were spent there babysitting and caring for the kids, cleaning up and making meals, traveling through out-of-the-way towns, and driving across to Wales.
Photobucket
We went to Cotswolds
Photobucket
Wales

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Windsor castle
Photobucket
Cambridge
Photobucket


Photobucket
(I tried some delicious, expensive Italian ice cream while in Windsor. =D)
Photobucket
I went seal-watching with some friends we made there..
Photobucket
We spent half a day at Cadbury world, which, for the record, is totally ten times better than Hershey world or park. =D It was amazing. So fun, and they gave us chocolate at every stop! lol =)
Photobucket
I got to know personally each of the children, which was a treat, something I'll cherish forever. =)
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
I fell head-over-heals in love with the playgrounds there. They are SO big, and have too many things to play with. It was so hard deciding what to do! The swings there are totally epic, and I spent my time there, as you can see. =)
Photobucket
After the trip, I spent lots of time with friends..
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Have gone to many swing/dance parties.. =D =D 
Photobucket


Photobucket
Went to the Harry Potter 7 1/2 Premier, which was a BLAST! We had such fun dressing up as the characters and hanging out 4-7 hours. I went as Nymphadora Tonks. =) Purple hair rocks! x)
Photobucket


Photobucket
Went to a youth retreat and had a blast screaming on the epic swing (see, swings again! haha). =D
Photobucket
Went to a German Christmas Market (Christkindlesmarkt).
Photobucket
One highlight was getting to hang out with my 16-month-older than me brother more, though he started college classes this fall. He has become one of my best friends, someone I can confide to and laugh with without out feeling like an idiot. =D <3
Photobucket
I got to photograph my first wedding! Though I second-shot, it was a lovely time spent. =)
Photobucket
My family and I went on a road-trip through the New-England states. We went to Ben & Jerry's factory, so fun!
Photobucket
Lake Winnipesaukee in New Hampshire
Photobucket
Maine
Photobucket
New York, Massachusates, and several other states. It was really nice seeing the fall colors and morning mists up there!
Photobucket


Photobucket
and I am sure you all here remember the stinkbug attack in the fall. Literally thousands. lol
Photobucket
My family got our first cat! =D His name is Tommy.. 
Photobucket
And I got my childhood wish, a puppy. His name is Leroy Jethro Gibbs (NCIS) 
Photobucket
My oldest brother came over for Christmas, and we had a lovely day. =D
Photobucket
Like I said, not many photography jobs, but it was nice not having such a stressful year as I could. =) 
I look forward to many things this new year, 2011, most of which I cannot imagine, which the Lord will bless us with. Another year to spent glorifying him! 

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP