I am Kirstin, and this is my photo blog. I love to take pictures and share them with everyone around me. Sharing the beauty of the earth is one way I can share the love of Christ with others. I hope you enjoy your visit!

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Pre-Christmas lovelies =)


My mom's birthday was on Tuesday, the day my oldest brother came to visit us. She was born in 1966, 6 months after my dad. So cute. =)   The birthday girl has always liked her cake to be simple. Devils Food chocolate with powdered sugar and crushed candy cane sprinkled on top. It is a nice combo if you ever want to try it. I still like frosting, though. =)  Love you mom! 
Photobucket
Christmas is in 2 days. Were you able to get gifts and wrap them up? Like me, you probably got your family members their gifts, but have so many friends it is impossible to count, or remember. And much as I love all my friends, I am just not as rich as Emma Watson, and am totally unable to purchase amazing gifts for each of them. So, this is what I did. 
Photobucket
So I saw this idea several years ago at a class craft sale, and I have tried to find a nice recipe for it. The other day I ran across this + and I totally fell in love with it. So pretty! 
Photobucket
Basically what you do is buy a box of Mason jars, pretty decently priced. Purchase a large container of hot chocolate or make your own, go to your local craft store and buy some string (a strand of $.31 embroidery thread works!) and doilies. Fill the jars with the cocoa mix, maybe add chocolate chips, marshmallows, or candy canes, and then close them. After doing what you want to with the doilies and string, you have lovely little hot chocolate jars to give. Very cheap to make, considering these jars are about $5-8 at a store. And who does not want a cute jar filled with yummies?
Photobucket
(the ones with doilies are for my girlie friends, the candy canes on top are for Jayme's guy friends =) )
Photobucket
And who should have to drink hot chocolate without eating a cookie as well? =) 
Photobucket
German twists, a family recipe, were what I had in mind. They were super-easy to make; I was amazed. And I had to keep a close watch so my family wouldn't eat them all! haha ;) 
Photobucket
Just bag them up 
Photobucket
..and carry them around with you to give alongside the hot chocolate jars. 
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
Photobucket
I felt so bad that I couldn't afford to buy anything for my friends, but my spirits have been lifted after completing this project. =) =) 

And just a few more pre-Christmas pictures I have. I love ribbons and bows. We never did them much, but I really do enjoy them. Perhaps I should take a packaging class if I do college. =)
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
I plan on having a Christmas post, so keep checking!! 

2 comments:

Sereina December 23, 2010 at 1:07 PM  

I love the hot chocolate idea!

Sara December 23, 2010 at 6:12 PM  

That is an absolutely fabulous idea..I might have to try it next year!

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP