I am Kirstin, and this is my photo blog. I love to take pictures and share them with everyone around me. Sharing the beauty of the earth is one way I can share the love of Christ with others. I hope you enjoy your visit!

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Lunar Eclipse

Hello, everyone! Can you believe that Christmas is this week? I think that this year has gone by waaaay too fast. It is almost as if the years go quicker as you get older. Ah well. =) 
Last night, something wonderful happened. The sun, earth, and moon were lined up, and the rays of the sun did something lovely to the moon through the atmosphere of the earth. The moon was almost full to begin with. 
Photobucket
After about 2-3 hours, at 2:25, half the moon disappeared for a few minutes, leaving a sliver showing, the shadowed part a little red. 
Photobucket
And then the magic came. 
Photobucket
This is a lunar eclipse. I have waited years to see one as pretty as this. It was amazing. Worth waiting 4 hours to see, haha. I stayed up late watching movies and then took an hour and a half nap. And I read Emma. But it was a real fun experience. A bunch of my friends across town got together and watched the moon go through all the stages as they camped out in the middle of a field. Sounded like tons of fun! 
Photobucket
Well, I really do hope you have a Merry Christmas! I will probably do a Christmas post. =) 

0 comments:

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP