I am Kirstin, and this is my photo blog. I love to take pictures and share them with everyone around me. Sharing the beauty of the earth is one way I can share the love of Christ with others. I hope you enjoy your visit!

Friday, November 12, 2010

Portland, Maine {New England RoadTrip}

My family and I took a daytrip while in New Hampshire, to go visit a state we haven't been to before, Maine. My dad's 50th state. I have 13 states left to get to 50. Hope I can make it!  We went to Portland, and visited a couple lighthouses around there. I ate lobster and clam for the first time, since my new year resolution was to try new foods in 2010. haha I have to say a would def. prefer crab to lobster, and many things to clam, although clam isn't too bad in chowder with lots of potatoes. haha x)

Photobucket
 

Photobucket


Photobucket
My goodnes, I loved looking at all the license plates as we entered each state. They are all sooo colorful compared to Maryland ones. And this tiny one of a motorcycle made my moment. =D =D
Photobucket
Anoter lighthouse we went to was...wow, how to describe it? Well, we didn't really see too much of the lighthouse, since it was on a hill a ways from where we were. But the shop and the 'beach' were amazing. And they had a part of the beach that was mainly just rocks. The parts broken looked like fine wood chips, not like stone, it stretched for a ways, and when the sun went down...oh it was exquisite..
Photobucket


Photobucket
Gorgeous, yes? I stayed here forever...x)
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket
Oh that was such a fun day. =) Have a lovely weekend, all! And those going to the HP7 1/2 premier next Thursday, well, I hope everything is going well with planning your costumes! =D

2 comments:

Jenna November 13, 2010 at 11:43 AM  

so so beautiful, kirstin!

Ica Images November 18, 2010 at 9:29 PM  

this place is gorgeous! awesome pictures!

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP