I am Kirstin, and this is my photo blog. I love to take pictures and share them with everyone around me. Sharing the beauty of the earth is one way I can share the love of Christ with others. I hope you enjoy your visit!

Friday, November 26, 2010

Niagara Falls, New York {New England RoadTrip}

At last! I am so glad to be done with these vacation pictures. There were so many places we went, it was really fun. =) 
The last few days were spent in New York on an island, a couple minutes from Niagara Falls. We drove into Canada and spent the afternoon driving around, and I counted more than 5-8 black squirrels and the same neighborhood area, within an hour and a half. It was amazing. haha =D 
Photobucket
Anywho, we got to see 2 of the Great Lakes: Erie and Ontario. I am telling you, these lakes were HUGE! I couldn't get over the size of them, it was amazing.
Photobucket


Photobucket
We then went to Niagara Falls, after driving into Canada. The first day was spent overlooking from Canada...
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
..and the next day was spent on the American side. (not this next pic)
Photobucket
We went on the very famous Maid of the Mist ride. Let me tell you. It was totally worth the what, $13 dollars  per person? Anyways, they gave us very large blue ponchos to help cover up our clothes, which sort of helped...a little. That was the most intense, wet, windy ride we have ever gone on in our lives! It was a mini version of a hurricane, and it was amazing. It would whip the hoods off our heads, blow up the bottoms of the ponchos, and we ended up almost as wet as if we hadn't worn them. But it was SO worth it. Oh, man. I loved that ride. 
This is me, my dad, and my younger brother during the ride. As you can see, the water completely destroyed our faces. Or at least mine... xP
Photobucket
A view of the American Falls from the Maid of the Mist. =)
Photobucket
People were SO happy on that ride. Some were laughing with joy, others perhaps crying, many throwing their hands up to the sky. It was amazing. =D =D 
Photobucket
It was such a fun trip. I still have 13 states left to visit before I'm 20 or 21, so I will still have many, many posts on vacations. =D Have a great weekend!! 

2 comments:

Jessica November 26, 2010 at 6:54 PM  

ahh awesome :D i love maid of the mist - so fun!!

Elizabeth Kelley November 29, 2010 at 9:46 AM  

Thank you! I miss that place... it's gorgeous. I've been twice, and the lighting was different the second time, so it always gives me a surprise to see it again. Did you get a shot of the Bridal Veil? And did you get to go through the Cave of Winds on our side?

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP