I am Kirstin, and this is my photo blog. I love to take pictures and share them with everyone around me. Sharing the beauty of the earth is one way I can share the love of Christ with others. I hope you enjoy your visit!

Friday, October 8, 2010

New Room!! {Personal}

Sorry to post something random in between vacation posts, but it is about time I showed you something.
Last year about December, I asked Kelly, whome I went to England with to help care for her family, if she could help me pick colors for my room. I had pink and orange horizontal stripes around the entire area, a huge bed, and everything just clashed. lol Guess that is what I get for being a crazy 14-year-old who just moved here. x) Anyways, she accepted, and together we searched for the perfect colors. After finding a picture, a mirror, a mirror clock, and an Eiffel Tower piece, we found all the colors, patterns, and textures we needed to get started.
Photobucket
We found this lovely, very antique vanity from Craig's List, purchased it, took the old, chipping paint off, and repainted it, and put it to good use in my room.
Photobucket
I was given a couple lovely pieces of furniture including this lounge, table, and my amazing bed from Ikea.
Photobucket


Photobucket
Some antique pieces were collected..
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
The main color of this picture was used for the color of my room, the blue jacket inspired lovely pillows, the green bag was used for pillows and the skirt on my bed, and, of course, we had to include Paris, France. =)
Photobucket
This is my jar collection from England. I put foreign candies in here and eat maybe a piece a day. So far so good. =D
Photobucket


Photobucket
Lovely flowers covering pillows and the curtains were a wonderful addition. =)
Photobucket
And this miral was an amazing idea! I can wake up and look at it every morning. =)
Photobucket


Photobucket
The mirror for inspiration. I just adore it.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
This was a long designing process. We had to do it after every-day activities and such were completed, such as school, christmas, packing, children-care, and more. It was finished for the most part in April or May, and just a couple weeks ago we were able to get the vanity's two outer mirrors completed and put together, and my dad helped me get the vanity seat ready. It was all soooo worth the wait. I really love it. Thank you Kelly!
 
And have a great weekend, everyone!

1 comments:

Jessica October 8, 2010 at 11:43 AM  

ahhh i love it!! it's so you hahaha :)

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP