I am Kirstin, and this is my photo blog. I love to take pictures and share them with everyone around me. Sharing the beauty of the earth is one way I can share the love of Christ with others. I hope you enjoy your visit!

Sunday, August 29, 2010

UK Vacation {Part 4}

My last post on the UK vacation I had in June/July. A week and a half before I returned to the States, we went to Wales for a lovely camping trip. According to people in Wales, this place was the most beautiful spot in that country. I could not help but agree. =)
Photobucket


Photobucket
It was so gorgeous, I was in heaven. x)
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
Oh, I said Hi to you all while I was in Wales. =D
Photobucket
The second day in that country where they spoke something besides English (haha), we went up to a town/city and went shopping for raincoats. We learned that it was a VERY wet country, with lots of wind included in the package. Though I knew I would probably need it because of the weather, it just didn't seem right for me to buy a raincoat if I was only gonna use it twice and then barely look at it again once I got home, so I just bought a men's fleece sweatshirt. It was so comfy. =D This is a portion of the rain in Wales.
Photobucket
We got back home and it was sunny. Then it started getting a little cloudy, and clouds kept on coming, till about 25 minutes later, we saw a dark thing pass about half a mile from our campsite, and we barely had time to get in the tent (in my case, the car haha) before rain pounded on us.
Photobucket
And everywhere you go, there are castles. I am serious! You only need to drive down the highway maybe 5-10 minutes to find an old castle.
Photobucket


Photobucket
This was my breakfast there one day. A doughnut with cream inside and some jelly stuff on top. It was so good. I normally don't like cream, but that stuff was g-o-o-d. =D
Photobucket
As always, roads are tiny. But the fact that they are hundreds of years old, and that moving the rock walls and such to make the bigger would be expensive and take forever kind of keeps them there..x)
Photobucket

Photobucket
They had real heather there. So pretty..
Photobucket
It was my own little version of Scotland. Someday I will travel back to beautiful UK with a REAL camera and REAL lenses, with lots of time and money on my hand, and I will capture the beauty there that cannot be described. I promise. =D
Photobucket


Photobucket
The last night the moon was reflected across the water (the land across there is England, btw), and it was gorgeous. The moon was huge, unlike in this picture, but I still wanted to show you how amazing it was.
Photobucket
That was such a wonderful camping trip. =) Sunsets were beyond gorgeous, with large, light clouds floating above our heads, pink just swimming through it, rainbows bouncing here and there, and the whole world literally at our feet. I was in love, and in trouble. I am so greatful for the Vess family taking me there!
Photobucket
I will not forget how kind they were to me those 6 weeks. I know I can be a pain to live with after a while, especially with my camera and all, but I am glad they were able to take me to off-the-path towns and villages over there that I loved. Thank you guys so much! I love you! =)

2 comments:

Elizabeth Kelley August 29, 2010 at 2:08 PM  

Um, I WANT that moon picture. a LOT.

Kristin September 2, 2010 at 9:46 AM  

i think we were in wales at the same time! I loved the heather too :) And thanks for making me crave a doughnut. :D

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP