I am Kirstin, and this is my photo blog. I love to take pictures and share them with everyone around me. Sharing the beauty of the earth is one way I can share the love of Christ with others. I hope you enjoy your visit!

Saturday, August 28, 2010

UK Vacation {Part 3}

The Vess family found a small, cute church about 10-15 minutes away from their house, and we went there almost every Sunday during my visit. While there, I met a girl, Tory, a daughter of a military guy, who know another girl just like her. We become good friends, which is odd because she is 12 and I am 17, though I tend to have lots of friends younger than me (;D). But anyways, so one day they invited me to come with them to go seal watching. So, after spending the night (and watching a different version of Little Women, as well as lots of Phineas and Ferb), we got in the car and drove an hour and a half or so do the Eastern coast of England, and got on a boat for a 25-35 minute ride.
Photobucket


Photobucket
hehe Ages 11, 12 and 17. x)
Photobucket
And after what seemed like forever, once we were completely soaked and cold, and once my camera was used to sprays of salt-water on it (uh, I should really get a water-cover for my baby someday, lol....=/), we got to see the seals! Unfortunately the weather didn't allow for us to get onto the land and walk around, but we were able to pass by these guys in the boat for a couple minutes. =) And God gave me a few minutes of my favorite weather. (dark clouds with patches of sunlight) I was a happy camper. x)
Photobucket
We had to walk from the boat back to the car in WET pants and shirts and even shoes, and some of us (including myself lol) didn't have a change of clothes, so we hung out wet in the car, eating delicious chocolate croissants with extra chocolate on top. Now, girls, I wish I could drool with you on this, but I simply cannot. The last day I was in the UK, we went to Cadbury world, where we got LOTS of chocolate samples. And from a simple cup of melted chocolate with whatever we wanted in it (I chose gummies, though I should have done marshmallows or crunchies, lol), I got a tummy-ache that lasted all day, and that night I had a nightmare about chocolate buttons which made me sick thinking about it. So now, whenever I see or take a tiny bite of chocolate, I get sick. So sad. But, just to let you know, if you ever plan on going to the UK, go to Cadbury World. It makes Hershey Factory look horrible. haha The rides and games are better, the chocolate beans are waaaay cute, complared to the cows of Hershey, and you get lots of chocolate for your money. ;)
Photobucket
Aaaaaaanyways, we decided to drive another 50 minutes up/down the coast to an aquarium. It wasn't bad, but I have seen better. I did love this tank with the beautiful fish and sharks, though.
Photobucket
As well as these adorable little guys. But know what? I learned that I am not an aquarium, museum or zoo person. haha..x) Okay, I do like some museums. like camera ones.... (xD)
Photobucket
Once the Vess family was able to get paid for their move, they purchased camping stuff, and we took off. We went to a lovely English campground with lots of tents that looked just like theirs. hmmm...interesting..=D
I like this pic Eden got of me. =) I tell you, I should really get that girl a camera. Or at least a bubble camera...
Photobucket


Photobucket
And guess what? We got to drive through Oxford!! THE Oxford!! Like, the really famous one thousands of people dream of going to. Yep, that one. x) Unfortunately, it was during the weekend during the last days of holiday for the Brits, so there were literally millions of people packed everywhere, and no parking space. So we had to park outside and walk a little in to eat lunch. But they let me walk a little further in to get a gift or two. It was crazy how many languages there were! I had no idea. haha
Photobucket
Oh, I wanted to mention that while driving through, we got to drive right by a spot where Harry Potter had a scene filmed. =D =D =D (it wasn't the pic below, btw)

Photobucket
Next we got to visit Windsor and tour Windsor Castle, one of the largest populated castles by a Royal person. It was great. We were able to see the Doll's House, which is a large, almost exact look-alike to what it was supposed to be, with working electricity and plumbing. haha We also got to see pics of the Royal family when they were younger, as well as some art by Da Vinci.
Photobucket
And after watching The Young Victoria (which, btw, was clean all the way through, and well-made, so it is SO worth watching!), and seeing her in this very castle I was just in, I get excited. x)
Photobucket


Photobucket
Guess what? Josh got me Italian Ice Cream. Yep, you read that right. Some of the yummiest, most expensive ice creams I have seen or tasted. It was so good, it was worth the 4-5 american dollars for a tiny scoop and single cone that it cost. Yup. x)
Photobucket
This is one of my favorite pictures from my trip. The contrast and colors are so beautiful. =)
Photobucket


Photobucket
Those swans were NUTS. lol Just saying....x)
Photobucket
Okay, so European gummies are some of the best things ever. You know how after eating American gummies with, say, sugar covering it, your teeth feel like they are going to fall out after rotting instantly? The ones over there, though they look exactly alike, don't. The are a pure, simple yet delicious treat that I adore.
Photobucket


Photobucket
Yaaaaay, getting to some more good stuff. We got to drive into Cotswolds, and the towns we visited were too adorable! One had a Cathedral from 1320, and the other had the best shopping center I have been to, where I got many amazing gifts I am happy to have been able to get my family. =) And the outside areas were sooooooo beautiful and colorful. Why don't we do this here?
Photobucket
So one of the stores had like, amazing shoes. I loved those shoes. The thing was, they were a minimum price of 30 pounds, and each Pound is one and a half American dollars. I am not willing to go over $30 for a pair of shoes, so those were a no-getting. Gorgeous, though.
Photobucket
There was a gadget store. My mom would have LOVED it. Anyways, there was a wall devoted to salt and pepper shakes. Aaaaaaaaaah!!!! Anyone who knows me knows I will do anything to get my needed amount of salt. And what I need is around 4x more than your average person, so you guys would swell up if you ate as much salt as I do. xD =)
Photobucket


Photobucket
Cute little (BIG) cupcakes. =D
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
=) Thank you for checking! Comments on any post of mine are appreciated. It helps me know if my photos are okay, or gives me advice on how to further improve my work. =)

0 comments:

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP