I am Kirstin, and this is my photo blog. I love to take pictures and share them with everyone around me. Sharing the beauty of the earth is one way I can share the love of Christ with others. I hope you enjoy your visit!

Friday, August 27, 2010

UK Vacation {Part 2}

We decided to take a couple day trips into various villages or cities that normally aren't visited by Americans, and those were Bury (pronounced barry), Ely (pronouced eelee), and my favorite, Cambridge.
Bury was a wonderful town to visit once in a while. I loved it so much, in fact, that I took a trip down by myself on one of their buses for a day, and spent like, 6 hours walking around in their awesome outdoor shopping mall. =)
Photobucket
This is the smallest pub in the world, I think..
Photobucket
=)
Photobucket
There was a lovely confectionary store with lots and lots and lots of different candies, and a whole wall covered with candy jars. =)
Photobucket
And know what I saw there? Sugar mice! I remember these from when I was a kid! One Brit lady said that we used to get them for christmas when we were younger, which seems accurate. I am sad I didn't buy one while over there this time. That would have been fun. =)
Photobucket
One day they had an antique market open, and this van was called the 'Candy Van'. So cute. x)
Photobucket


Photobucket
And while pondering whether to get a lovely blue shirt I just adored, I ate this yummy banana cupcake. The bananas were hard banana chips, and it was so delicious. I sadly never got that shirt, though I wanted to badly. It was just waaaay too expensive for the thin fabric it was made with. =/ Oh well. I got other things. =)
Photobucket


Photobucket
Hanging out with my car buddy. =D We liked smiling. We would have no-smiling contests, then later, I'd look at her a certain silly way and she would break out in the biggest grin. =D <3
Photobucket
We went window shopping. I do not like window shopping. Because I am never able to get the beautiful things I see in the windows!
Photobucket
But I did get to go in this shop with a bunch of lovely antique items and fun things, including colorful quill pens and a record player, and also toys I used to see in movies my grandparents probably watched. =)
Photobucket
This was the Cathedral of Ely. Very, very large, and it was so beautiful.
Photobucket
Cambridge was so awesome, though.
Photobucket
We got to see the famous Round Church
Photobucket
Walk where students walk
Photobucket

Photobucket
Go over a beautiful bridge with people going under us in those long boats..
Photobucket
We got to walk through the old, beautiful streets and go through the market.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
And some time in-between them all to goof off in front of the self-held camera. xD
Photobucket
Oh, I almost forgot, we saw bikes. Lots and lots of bikes. It is a wonder how those guys find their own bike every day.
Photobucket


Photobucket
I loved those three cities/villages. They were full of beautiful architecture, had lovely people, had wonderful shops and awesome things to buy, and were perfect places for a gal who wouldn't be going to London. =)

2 comments:

Natalie August 28, 2010 at 1:42 PM  

these pictures are amazing, kirsten!! they make me want to go to england. :) and i love your style of photography!

Elizabeth Kelley August 28, 2010 at 7:10 PM  

GAH! Cambridge!!!!!!!!

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP