I am Kirstin, and this is my photo blog. I love to take pictures and share them with everyone around me. Sharing the beauty of the earth is one way I can share the love of Christ with others. I hope you enjoy your visit!

Monday, February 15, 2010

Our Year-Ending event =)

Hey, everyone! Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I meant to post this on New Years Day, but didn't get to.
On New Year's Eve, our life-long friends (my friend and I have known each other since we were tiny) came over. After preparing dinner, we ate it, and then hung out for an hour or two. After that, we
(the girls, that is) prepared dessert.
They put chocolate chips (semi-sweet, which at first was not very yummy--that was back in 08 when we went to their house lol--but is now totally amazing =D) and a couple other ingredients into a fondue pot and melt them all together.
Photobucket


They put the chocolate on the table, and fill their fondue set with yummy treats.
 


Large, sweet, juicy strawberries,
Photobucket


Small, soft and delicate cubes of pound cake,
Photobucket
Big, fluffy white marshmallows, and more. =)
Photobucket


This year we added rice krispy bars and toffe tiramisu cake. =)


Photobucket
After getting everything together,
Photobucket




Photobucket
....aaaaand getting more and more pictures of the food (haha they were laughing at me. =) =D)
Photobucket


Photobucket
We dug in. =) That simple.
Photobucket
Get the sticks, put your favorite treats on, and dip (or dunk) in in the rich, delightful chocolate.
Photobucket
Yum!!!!!!
Photobucket
We were all for it. It is AMAZING!! haha My favorites were probably the pound cake cubes and the strawberries. =D

We all ate till till we couldn't eat any more. And to finish it off, I had a couple rich krispy bars. They always make me feel better. (especially if my stomach is full of chocolate, fruit and cake) Don't ask me why. But I will tell you this. If I gained a couple pounds, or even one, I have accomplished something this year. =D
Photobucket
And that was our very, very fun Year-Ending event. =) We played games, talked, did nails, and various other things while waiting for 2010. It was pretty funny, because I was playing Hoopla with the girl my age and her mom (it was a very funny, epic fail =D =D), and while in the middle of something, Jayme ran into the room yelling "Happy New Year!!". haha It snuck up on us! How on earth did it do that? I was going to say goodbye to 2009! It was THE last single-digit year in 2000. EVER. Tear. =/ Oh well. I am confident that the time God gives us in the future will be very fruitful and fun. Happy New Year!!! =) =)
 
(hope you don't mind this being late!!! =D)

2 comments:

Kristin February 16, 2010 at 6:00 AM  

that looks SOOOO yummy, kirstin!

Abby Leigh February 27, 2010 at 8:16 AM  

aww this looks like fun :)

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP