I am Kirstin, and this is my photo blog. I love to take pictures and share them with everyone around me. Sharing the beauty of the earth is one way I can share the love of Christ with others. I hope you enjoy your visit!

Saturday, December 12, 2009

A very important purchase

On Friday, December 11, 2009 at 3:21, I made an important purchase. After saving up for nearly a year, receiving money as gifts, spending hours researching, time thinking, listening to other people's thoughts on the matter, and much more, I made a purchase that caused all my money to go bye-bye. (seriously, I'm poor. lol No more money to buy Christmas presents lol) I bought a camera. I, Kirstin Rose, bought a Digital SLR of my own! MY very own! I know it is a camera I actually said I did not want to get (possibly even wouldn't get), and there are others I could have gotten instead, but I decided (after 30-60 minutes lol =D) to go for the Nikon D3000. It was not as good as the Canon Rebel T1i (that is just what I think, though), but, because of each Rebel's loud sound every time you pressed the shutter button, which I did not particularly like, I went for the quiet, more straight-forward (and did I mention comfortable?) one. (teardrop. I really wanted a Rebel!) I did not just get the D3000 with the 18-55 mm kit lens, though. I also purchased a 50 mm 1.8 lens. =) After seeing lots of photographers with their 1.8 (some have 1.4) lenses and being completely satisfied, I decided to try it. Their quality and performance in low lighting situations is what really pulled me towards them. Can't wait to start taking lots of amazing pics with it! =) I also purchased an extra battery and memory card, but that does not matter. =)
Got these first three pics from some site. haha =D

Photobucket
Photobucket


Photobucket

=) Just a random first pic of the 1.8 lens box.
Photobucket
And, of course, a picture of the happy, DSLR Camera-owning photographer. =D
Photobucket
Oh, btw, this was my 'surprise', for anyone who heard of it. =) I soooooooo can't wait to start taking pics of you all with it! =D =D

5 comments:

The Ordinary December 12, 2009 at 7:52 PM  

Oooh thats awesome! I personally favor the D90 and the D5000 the best, but its great you got a new cam! So was the old one yours or Your parent's?

Jessica December 13, 2009 at 7:36 AM  

Yayyyy!!!!! congrats; i hope u like it!!

Kirstin Rose December 13, 2009 at 11:23 AM  

The old camera was my mom's camera, and the quality was getting bad, so I got a new one. It's not the best one I could have gotten, but I didn't want the sound of the Rebel, wanted the 1.8 lens, and wanted them asap, so I got the D3000. Yup. lol I can also use my mom's camera once in a while with my lenses, so that's good. =)

Aimee December 13, 2009 at 2:00 PM  

Yay, congratulations Kirstin!!! Your already amazing pics are going to be even amazinger. :)

Unknown December 13, 2009 at 2:20 PM  

Kirstin, great job in making what I'm sure is a great choice of camera--you saved your money, did your homework, and made a decision! Go girl!

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP