I am Kirstin, and this is my photo blog. I love to take pictures and share them with everyone around me. Sharing the beauty of the earth is one way I can share the love of Christ with others. I hope you enjoy your visit!

Sunday, November 1, 2009

German Fraulein for the Harvest Party

Every year my church, instead of having a Halloween party, has a Harvest party. All the high school students (and many middle school students) help the younger children by running the games and fun events that happen. We have three colors that all the care groups (now called connect groups) divide into: yellow, orange, and red. Since I am red, and I knew my mom had a dress that was red, I asked if I could try it on.
My mom purchased two traditional German dresses from a town in Washington state that has lots of German stores and restaurants. This happened several years ago.

A while later, my mom was teaching a German language class for little kids at our home school program in our old church, and asked if I could dress up for them.
Since she had two dresses, I asked if my friend Makenna could do it with me. So we both dressed up and appeared not only in that German class, but also in the World Geography class.
Then I had to go to my photography class, and did not have time to get out of the dress. My photography teacher took advantage of our dressing up for a picture. =)

As you can see, we were a lot younger, and thus didn't really fit into the dresses.
But now, several years later, I tried it on and it fits!
My mom gave me the dress because it fits me, and she is loaning me the blouse. =) Thank you mom!

I have always loved twirling in skirts. So fun!

(oh, and btw, I didn't center it on purpose.)
So yesterday I was able to wear my dress and have my hair up like I did (which I don't know if I like or not...).
Lots of comments were given, and I have several funny stories. One mom came up to me and said that if I were back in the day, I would have had several proposals by the end of the night. lol X) 8) Sooooo funnnyyyyy.


I was a "German Fraulein" yesterday, and will continue to be a Fraulein for a while. =) (go to http://www.wikipedia.com/ for the definition! XP 8)

It's so fun!

(heehee This is my attempt at being a German 'maid', in a way. It was supposed to be an action at doing 'farm chores', but it looks more like a failed driving attempt or something...XP 8D I know, I'm weird. X) 8D)
Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the photos my mom and brothers so graciously took. =) Modeling is soooo fun! I really enjoy doing it. Speaking of modeling, if anyone wants to model in their Halloween costume while I take a bunch of photos, it is $35 for a 25 minute shoot. Just email me and we can book the date! kirstinrosephotography@gmail.com

7 comments:

Nicki November 2, 2009 at 8:42 PM  

ahh you are so gorgeous! :D

Unknown November 3, 2009 at 5:40 AM  

Yah, what Nicki said! GORGEOUS!

Ty13r November 3, 2009 at 5:49 AM  

Yes! You used a bunch of the pics I took! :)

Kylie November 4, 2009 at 5:20 PM  

aw! so pretty :) :) :)

~Kylie

The Ordinary November 4, 2009 at 8:34 PM  

Haha, i love your poses =D

That dress looks awesome.

Unknown November 10, 2009 at 12:16 PM  

Goodness! When you were little, you look a lot like one of my cousins!

Love the dress! It's so pretty!

mckenziefaith November 24, 2009 at 9:01 AM  

i agree with that statement that that mom gave you. you are a truly beautiful girl and i adore your hair like that. my favorite picture id the one where you have that funny face. =)
i cannot get over how beautiful your hair is in these photos.

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP