I am Kirstin, and this is my photo blog. I love to take pictures and share them with everyone around me. Sharing the beauty of the earth is one way I can share the love of Christ with others. I hope you enjoy your visit!

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Elizabeth 8)

Wow. It has been quite a while since I last posted. It feels like forever! I absolutely love posting things. It is so fun to take the pictures, look at them, delete a couple, select some, select a few from those, keep on eliminating pictures, and then edit them. Then, I go onto Blogger and upload them, arrange them (unless they are already arranged), and write about them. I don't know how it happens, and I usually start not knowing what I am going to write, but it sort of just comes out. In the movie Ms. Potter, she said that there is something delicious (is that the word? 8D) about writing the first words of a story, for you don't know where they will take you. It is so true. I start writing, and it just comes out. I love doing this! =)


Last week some of us did THG (Tree House Gang, which we do once a month), and practice on Sunday morning was pretty early. Since I knew people wouldn't be coming for practice till around 8 or so, I went outside at around 7 with my camera. It was stunning outside, and I just couldn't believe God gave me this world to take pictures of! He crafted that morning's dew drops, the sunlight shinning through tree leaves, frozen spider webs, and everything else we saw. It was priceless.

My friend Elizabeth joined me outside, and while she was walking around enjoying everything, I took pictures of her. Some of them were random things she didn't get orders from me to pose in, and others were where I would have her stop where she was while I ran around her taking pictures. lol So fun! Thanks Elizabeth for doing it and having patience with me! =)




Oh my goodness, the lighting in this area was SO beautiful! I absolutely loved it. I asked her to walk through it, and got some awesome pictures. 8D


The morning air was fresh but somewhat cold, and allowed us to see our breath. 8D

Okay, just to let you know, I am being extremely obedient (to Kristen, my awesome photography teacher 8D) and and nice (to my viewers-you are all awesome! 8D) by not posting at least five of each area. I was seriously going to do it! 8D





Elizabeth is a beautiful, smart, fun, awesome person. I love how she laughs a lot, and is a perfect model if you want someone who just walks around enjoying everything, acting like there is no camera. =)

When she came to my house for the night, Kylie and I were talking, and then we stopped and noticed Elizabeth reading to herself. I don't know if she heard anything we were saying, but it is really cool to hear someone read to themselves and be totally involved in a book, as though they were the best friend or even the character they are reading about.

I have really just started getting to know her this past year in THG, and am delighted to be able to!
She is such a godly girl, and loves having fun. 8D

Have I mentioned that she has beautiful eyes? 8)

And a beautiful smile? 8D
I just wanted to try this editing trick. I found it recently, and have been experimenting with it. I am not too good at it, and haven't found the right pictures or the best cuts for them, but I wanted to try and show you. What do you think? =)
Thank you soooooooo very much for letting me hang out with you and get pictures of you, Elizabeth! You are awesome! 8D 8D

11 comments:

Carroll September 27, 2009 at 2:28 PM  

Great job, Kirstin! Wow, God's beautiful world and beautiful child are captured wonderfully in these pictures! You did a good job with the editing! Elizabeth, you looked great.

Elizabeth Kelley September 27, 2009 at 2:44 PM  

Haha... and now I'm about to sound like all those other people who have pictures taken of them.
Dude, I look totally sad in some of those. It's really funny!
Kirstin forgot to mention that it was freezing out there. We were both wearing flip flips, and the grass was still wet. Cold feet, and eventually cold hands. But it was fun.
And yes, I heard some of what you two were talking about, between Farid and Meggie. :-) (I was reading Inkspell, guys, and that entire series must be read aloud. Most books i read in my head.)

Kirstin Rose September 27, 2009 at 2:52 PM  

Do you want me to take the ones where you 'look sad' off? I can if you want. X)

Jessica September 27, 2009 at 5:08 PM  

Ooooh soo pretty! Elizabeth is soo beautiful!!! I love the edit on the last one; the pictures go really well together. =]

The Ordinary September 28, 2009 at 12:32 PM  

Its Elizabeth!


Wow these are awesome. The last one is my favorite =)

Elizabeth Kelley September 28, 2009 at 2:14 PM  

Nah, leave them up. It's probably me being picky.

Elizabeth Kelley September 28, 2009 at 2:15 PM  

Haha... I like the one where I'm staring up into the tree. (Not to sound vain or anything...) :-)

Kirstin Rose September 28, 2009 at 3:12 PM  

Which one? 8)

Elizabeth Kelley September 29, 2009 at 10:57 AM  

Seventh from the bottom; one of the ones where I was actually smiling.

Kirstin Rose September 29, 2009 at 6:01 PM  

haha I actually liked the ones where you weren't smiling. It reminded me of someone in thought or searching for something. =)

Jenna October 1, 2009 at 5:12 PM  

Gorgeous, beautiful lighting. I love how the morning sun is highlighting that lovely hair of her's :)

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP