I am Kirstin, and this is my photo blog. I love to take pictures and share them with everyone around me. Sharing the beauty of the earth is one way I can share the love of Christ with others. I hope you enjoy your visit!

Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Statue

On Wednesday we went to the Statue of Liberty. The day before, we called to see if we could get in, and were told that we had to be there by 7:00 a.m. and wait in line to get tickets, so we woke up at 4:15, and at 4:45 we drove 2-3 hours to the place where we needed to buy the tickets (sorry, I have no idea what these places are called). It turned out that not many people came early, and the ticket stall opened around 8, so we didn't really need to get there early that day. The good news is that I got some pics of the sunrise that was hiding above the clouds (not going to show that picture...), and got a pic of a lonely star. =)

When we finally got on the boat, it took around 10-20 minutes to get there.
(oh, and the next pictures are of random things I took while we were on the boat.)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
And this is the Statue of Liberty. =)
After LOTS of security checks (they had HUGE machines that checked body temperatures and machines that checked what was in your bags and jackets. Absolutely no food or drinks were allowed there-I learned that the hard way), we made it into the monument under the statue. We found out that the statue doesn't open for people to go to the top till next month (the 4th of July, the busiest day of the year there), so we just went to the top of the Monument.
Let me tell you a little story. We walked all the way to the top (our legs were shaking), and got out onto the ledge, and I thought that was the only thing we would see. Then I looked up, and jumped. It was scary! It was like the very very very heavy metal statue was going to topple on us! lol But it didn't, and I am happy. 8D 8D
.
.
.

So, that was our little adventure. We were REALLY tired when we got in the car. But that didn't stop us from watching a three hour movie that night (The Postman) 8D.
Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Elizabeth Kelley June 7, 2009 at 9:38 AM  

I've seen it, but I've never been there. Really wish I had; I'd be freaking out if I went there now (you can see where the Towers were from there. I think it's behind that shot of your dad, but I can't say for sure.) How'd it feel, standing on a statute that old? Yeah, yeah, any and all British people are laughing at me, because 200-300 years isn't old to them. :-D

The Ordinary June 7, 2009 at 10:39 AM  

It is really awe inspiring :)

Great pictures!

Kirstin Rose June 12, 2009 at 2:37 PM  

It's true that it isn't THAT old, but it is still a part of our History, and has an amazing history itself.
Sorry to say this, but I wasn't really feeling much when we got there. I was worrying about the fudge from Colorado I had lost in security, and the fact that our legs were burning from the climb, and the fact that I couldn't go to the top. lol It was cool that we got to go to it, though. 8D 8D
Thanks!

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP