I am Kirstin, and this is my photo blog. I love to take pictures and share them with everyone around me. Sharing the beauty of the earth is one way I can share the love of Christ with others. I hope you enjoy your visit!

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Medieval Banquet

As you may know from my previous post, I was invited to be the photographer of a co-op's Medieval Banquet on Sunday, November 8, 2009. I accepted, and spent several hours running around getting pictures that night. Being the first 'official' photographer for their banquets, and never having actually done that sort of thing, I felt like I had to get perfect pictures for everyone. And since I am new with indoor photography using DSLR cameras, it was a challenge to get settings right. After sorting through the many pictures I took, and editing them, I now want to show you the results of my work, though it is not the best. =)
This is King Dylan and Queen Elizabeth, the seniors in the co-op.

I was in charge of getting pictures of the families with the King and Queen, and though I did not have time to get them all, I got three families.



This is the High Table where most of the high school students ate.

After trumpet announcements of families and single persons entering the hall...


They prayed and began the banquet. =)



There was a dance where the girls wrapped ribbons around a pole.

There were plenty of masks. =)


And various students would go up and talk about things that people did, ate, or wore in the Medieval Ages.





The King and Queen overlooking their 'guests'. =)




They had a sword demonstration by some of the boys

And, strangely, someone was caught for attempting to 'poison the King'. Hmmmm, I wonder who that could be? X) =)

The King decided that good punishment for putting salt/vinegar in his cup (although incidentally, there was salt/vinegar in all the High Table member's cups...), the accused was to sing "I'm a little teapot" in the middle of the room. Of course it never happened, but it was funny watching the accused try to defend himself! 8D





A few of the High Table members (Queen Elizabeth, David-Robin Hood-, Kylie-Maid Marian-, and Miss Elizabeth) went down and sang a song for everyone. It was beautiful! =)


Behind the wall separating the quests and the food preparation area, the servers were getting some well-needed rest. =)



This was hysterical. A couple of the High Table members were not pleased with the service and food they were getting. 8D Many cookies were broken for this. 8D

Then there was a dance done by the High Table members and a few guests. This picture is just before. Look at Drew and Kylie. lol 8D




After the feast, Queen Elizabeth was interviewed by the servers and some High Table members. 8D

And I took a requested family picture. =)
I hope you enjoyed the pictures! I have a few more I will post soon, so keep checking! =D

2 comments:

Elizabeth Kelley November 11, 2009 at 7:22 PM  

Haha, yes, the "how did you react to our putting vinegar in your drink" interview. Classic.

Elizabeth Kelley November 11, 2009 at 7:27 PM  

Oh, and, for the record, the people on the far Queen-side of the table (as it was set) were the people causing all the trouble with the servitors (and political issues, as well.) "Server! This ham is too fatty. Bring me a better piece now." "These... you call THESE cookies?" And, my personal favourite:
Kevin - "ExCUSE me? *I* am under the Pope! The Pope has more power than the king."
Elizabeth - "He does not."
Sarah - "The queen disagrees with your statement, Kevin."
Kevin - "Well, the queen is a bimbo."
Haha, so good. Lucky it wasn't real, or he'd've had his head lopped off; we were English, and the English were known at the time for thumbing their noses at the Church.

Thanks so much for the pictures, Kirstin!

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP