I am Kirstin, and this is my photo blog. I love to take pictures and share them with everyone around me. Sharing the beauty of the earth is one way I can share the love of Christ with others. I hope you enjoy your visit!

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Recovery is not what I expected. *sighs*

You know how in Proverbs (or at least somewhere in the Bible) it says not to say "I'm gonna do this or that tomorrow" cause you don't know the first thing about tomorrow? I'm a fool. lol Yesterday I felt and looked pretty fine and normal, thought the recovery would be quick and I would look the same for the entire week. I learned a lesson. I didn't know that I would look like a weird hamster a day after surgery. Seriously. I am a fool. lol Today my cheekbones are huge, (btw, I am NOT going to show a picture of myself right now. I could not live with people outside my blood family seeing my face like this. Maybe in a couple days I will, but not now XD), I can barely open my mouth, can't even smile, etc. etc. I am a fool. XD lol
But guess what? The family whose kids I babysit came over for lunch today and know what they brought me?
A balloon, ice cream, and flowers! (the yellow/orange color between the pictures is cheering me up in a way...XD)

I feel so loved and special. They have generous hearts to reach out to the 'sick' (that's me 8D XD), took their time to go get these, and used their money to purchase these. Flowers, balloons, and ice cream. What could be better? 8D

God is truly blessing me with this surgery by helping me to know that friends care, that He is always there, and that I will be okay and can trust Him. X) =) (a bonus is that my wisdom teeth only needed to be removed once, and never again! So now that is over 8D) The only thing left is to learn how to hold an ice pack to my cheeks for twenty minutes at a time. 8D XD lol

10 comments:

Verônica Camerini August 25, 2009 at 11:36 AM  

Olá, visitei seu blog!
Gostei muito!
Grande abraço!
http://academiacameriniag.blogspot.com/

Sophie August 25, 2009 at 12:07 PM  

Awww, that is so sweet! I'll pray that your cheeks will stop being swollen.
Use ice and advil all the time.
And three words of advice: McDonalds Chocolate shakes. That was my breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. I recogmend that you try it! They are the best. 8D

Enjoy your chipmunk look while you can. It's normally only once in a life time that you get to look like a chipmunk :D

Kirstin Rose August 25, 2009 at 12:14 PM  

Haha Sophie, I love you. You are an awesome friend. 8D I wish I could have milkshakes every day, every meal, but the doctor wants me to eat lots of healthy things so my body will have enough strength to heal properly. =) I plan on having them once a day, though, which sould be good. 8D 8D
That is very true...haha Now I am thinking of it differently. 8D I cannot smile for pictures, though, so my kids won't see me looking happy in them...X)

Anonymous August 25, 2009 at 12:35 PM  

Yeah, drinking milkshakes every meal would be... disastrous

(Why did this random person from Brazil just comment?)

Elizabeth Kelley August 25, 2009 at 5:29 PM  

Yeah.... since when do you know a P.E. teacher from Brazil?
Anyway. In the words of a very silly old bear, "No one can be uncheered with a balloon."

Sophie August 26, 2009 at 6:39 AM  

... well maybe it was for two meals, I had homemade bannana shakes, and icecream- I can't really remember... I know I had some healthy stuff.

Kirstin Rose August 26, 2009 at 9:44 AM  

Hey, stop kiling me, u two! I don't know the person, but that doesn't matter. It means people who aren't in my state (or circle of friends) can see my blog, and must like it!! 8D 8D

Carroll August 26, 2009 at 4:34 PM  

I'm praying for you! May the Lord bless you in many ways through this experience! I know what it's like to have a lot of pain in your mouth! Feelin' for ya!

Jenna August 28, 2009 at 1:01 PM  

Maybe you should watch alvin in the chipmunks so you don't feel so alienated. haha corny joke over.

i'll be praying for you!

Kirstin Rose August 28, 2009 at 3:13 PM  

haha That's goood! That was a cute movie. XD

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP