I am Kirstin, and this is my photo blog. I love to take pictures and share them with everyone around me. Sharing the beauty of the earth is one way I can share the love of Christ with others. I hope you enjoy your visit!

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A long time ago...X)

Wow. Time flies quickly. I'm serious! It seems like just last month I started to use my mom's Olympus E-500 DSLR. haha I actually started around February, and it was because she made me. X) All I could use was flash, and thought you could only take pictures with or without, and that whatever you got was what you got.

Boy, was I wrong! Since then, I have taken an online exposure class, read books, done an awesome internship with Kristen Leigh, taken hundreds of thousands of pictures (now that's an exaggerated guess, but it's probably pretty close!), looked at many blogs, AND managed my own. I learned how to use the shutter speed dial, and that flash is bad. (actually, it isn't bad. It can actually be good, but only if you really know how to use it, which I don't. It's like a bad-word to me. Whenever someone says "flash" or tells me I should use it: *Gasp*................yeah...XD) heehee XD
These pictures are all from a 10:31 meeting held at our church for the youth. Some are blurry, but I wanted to show you certain things in them. I'm not sure what I wanted to show you in this...XD

Noelle is sooooo pretty! 8D



And so is Kylie!





I got the lighting wrong in a lot of these. What can I say? I was just starting!

heehee This is another blurry one I wanted to show you. I like the effect Drew's running made in this. XD



I don't really know what exactly I was thinking when I got this. Were the bars supposed to be a frame? Cause they aren't...lol XD



I think this one is sooo cute! 8D 8D

Kylie has had sooo much patience this year with me! She is always (or almost XD) willing to pose for me, and doesn't get mad when I am taking tons of pics of her. (it was bad when I first started, cause I used the flash a lot...) Thank you, Kylie!! 8D 8D


heehee Hope you enjoyed the pictures! XD jk

2 comments:

The Ordinary August 26, 2009 at 5:17 PM  

You have come a long way! Awesome to amazing =)

Kristin August 27, 2009 at 6:26 AM  

aww keep it up girl. dont be afraid of the flash..embrace it haha!

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP