I am Kirstin, and this is my photo blog. I love to take pictures and share them with everyone around me. Sharing the beauty of the earth is one way I can share the love of Christ with others. I hope you enjoy your visit!

Sunday, September 16, 2012

The ponderings and life of a college student

Hello, all. :) 
It's been quite some time since I've actually just posted because I can. And I know, blogs are out-of-date by now. But I don't care. It was the start of my photography, and I still love them very much. I'm I promise that when I'm not at school studying photography and photoshop, hanging out with my friends, fam, or boyfriend, spending hours on pinterest, sleeping, eating, or look for a job/working, I'll make sure to try and post. ;) 
Anyways. So life is chill. My parents made me a deal. All my life, my Army doc dad has put aside money for each of the 4 kids in our family for college, and they never let me spend it on anything till I entered college and began my 'official, serious' education. The deal was this: I enroll in photography classes, and my parents would use that money to help me purchase my dream camera for 3-4 years, the Canon 5D Mark II.  So I did. :D This is going to be an officially crazy class. 1 week in, and I've discovered each student has to put together a portfolio of our best work to be judged and graded by the professors, who are using 109 years of the school history's experience and knowledge. Yeah. My overall grade depends on that. Photoshop class is in the same room as photography, and I spent 5 hours a day in front of huge Mac computers on photoshop. My brain officially fries from technology overload. I'm not even joking. hahah  But they are great classes, and I'm so thankful that I now own my baby!  Right now I'm just looking into further improving my photography skills, and getting started in weddings within a year, hopefully. I'm silly, but I'd love to do that. :) 
Photobucket
(one of the first pics with my Canon 5D Mark II) 
Photobucket
chilling with friends 
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
and spending time with my boyfriend of 47 days. :) yep. that 'special friend' became my man as soon as I returned from my missions trip to Japan. and what wonderful days have come since then. :) 

Photobucket 


Photobucket

(the moment I surprised him. I told him for 4-5 months that I would be arriving in America on August 9th, when I really purchased my ticket for July 29th, a day after his birthday)
Photobucket

Photobucket
Anywho. Yeah. Just a bit of my life this summer/fall.  Have a great beginning to the school year! 

0 comments:

Search This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP